Sunday, June 17, 2012

Instagram Photostrips

A few months ago I pinned this fabulous project:



It had two of my favorite things incorporated into one: photobooth photostrips and Instagram!

It reminded me of the photostrips I have of me and my Daddy (circa 1992 mind you). 


I wasn't quite sure when I'd get around to making this, but the thought of Father's Day being just around the corner, got me moving! Not to mention that Dave has been mentioning he wanted some more pictures of Warner for his office...

I started by going to the original source of this pin.  Man, that girl is way smarter than me when it comes to Photoshop.  She definitely gave some great directions, but for a novice I didn't follow too well. 

After a bit of googling, I came across a photographer who had made a ready made template!
HOW FABULOUS!
 (Click here for the template)

I downloaded all the Instagram photos I wanted to use, filled them into the template, then printed on photo paper.


Next, I began cutting my strips out with my small paper cutter.  Scissors would work just as well, but I'm a little anal when it comes to this kind of stuff.




Once I got all 3 strips cut out I decided to frame them.
I laid them on top of the glass of my frame first (just to get a visual) and then placed them on a piece of white cardstock because that's what I had...a color would be fun too!


A little secret: I simply taped the strips down with Scotch tape!  Those glue dots or even a glue stick would work, but once again I was out of all of those things and tape was what was on hand! :)  It actually made it easier to move the strips around and get them lined up just how I wanted them.


And there you have it!
An Instagram Photostrip Frame.



I love it so much I think I'm going to make one for the house!
Happy Crafting!!
Pin It

17 comments:

ARod said...

great idea thanks for sharing

Beck said...

Ahhh I'm such a klutz with Photoshop too! Thanks for doing the legwork and sharing the link to the template. Yours turned out great, such a sweet fathers day gift idea! xo Beck

Pretty Shabby UK said...

I would love it if you would share this post on the Waste no Want Not Wednesday @ Pretty Shabby UK! I really think my readers will enjoy it!

http://prettyshabbyuk.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/waste-not-want-not-wednesday-2.html


Many Thanks

Dawn @ Pretty Shabby Uk

fatmonica said...

I love photo strips.There's something nostalgic about them.They look great in the frame.

Holly @ Life as a Thrifter said...

And, I bet Dave LOVED it! :)

Scary said...

I love this project. I am visiting from Sugar Bee Craft's link up party. I look forward to making them myself. shaffer-sisters.blogspot.com

Full Circle Creations said...

What a great idea! It looks wonderful! Thanks for sharing at the All Star Block Party!

Holly

Meg said...

These are so cute! They look really great all framed. I hate photoshop. LOL

Thanks for sharing on the Block Party!

Amanda @ The Little Giggler said...

I love this idea!! So cute!

Claiming Our Space said...

This is too cool! Perfect addition for a gallery wall. Thanks so much for sharing on Tout It Tuesday! Hope to see you next week.

Jill said...

Great idea! I love photo strips! Thanks for sharing at the Pomp Party! Pinning to our Pomp Party board!

Jill @ Create.Craft.Love.

Apsolutely Me! said...

Such a cute idea!

Taylor said...

What a great project! I love instagram and this would be an awesome way to showoff some of my pics in a photostrip! :) I featured your project at my Unveil Your Genius link party! :)
http://taylornorris.blogspot.com/2012/06/unveil-your-genius-link-party-17.html
I hope you'll link up again soon!

Clay Barnhart said...

I love this! :)

Kathy Shea Mormino said...

Hello, new follower here and I’d like to invite you to join me at my weekly Clever Chicks Blog Hop: http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/12/clever-chicks-blog-hop-15-vetericyn.html



I hope you can make it!



Cheers,

Kathy Shea Mormino

The Chicken Chick

Lori said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lori said...

I made an app that makes photostrips automatically from your Instagram photos. Check it out! http://boothgram.com