Monday, June 16, 2014

Father's Day Gift Idea



I hope everyone had a wonderful Father's Day!  I'm sorry I couldn't share this idea sooner, but Dave reads the blog!  I didn't want to ruin his surprise...

I wanted to make something for Dave to put on his desk at work, so while he was at work I dressed up the boys in one of his shirts, a tie, and a pair of dress shoes.  My boys love  ADORE their Daddy.  What better idea than to have them dress like him?  With my camera I snapped some pics.

Does it get any cuter?!


I went with black and white for a "manly" feel, but you could keep the pictures in color.  I printed the pictures on photo paper and cut them out.  EASY!

I found this frame at Target and it worked perfectly.


I didn't want the frame to be boring so I thought about what I could do.  I remembered I had a bag of mini scrabble tiles.  Perfect!  I found the letters to spell out "Daddy".


I glued the tiles on to the frame with my hot glue gun.


Super easy.  Super special.


Pin It

3 comments:

Craig Zagorski said...

I need to teach you to use epoxy. Hot glue gun is so JV.

Craig Zagorski said...

I need to teach you to use epoxy. Hot glue gun is so JV.

Kristy said...

I'm down.